Early Childhood Education Professional Organizations
Membership in a professional organization provides excellent opportunities for early childhood educators to network and exchange ideas. Your involvement demonstrates your commitment to professional growth and improvement in the lives of young children.
Family Child Care Associations
Family child care associations are created specifically to support home-based providers of child care. Associations represent members that experience the everyday ordeals and face the obstacles of running a small business in addition to providing the peer support, path to enhancing the professionalism of family child care and a link to the greater child care community.
The Association for the Education of Young Children has three layers: the National Association, the State Association and the Local Association. Membership is fee based and includes benefits at all three levels
"The National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) exists for the purpose of leading and consolidating the efforts of individuals and groups working to achieve healthy development and constructive education for all young children."
California Association for the Education Of Young Children(CAEYC)
The purpose of CAEYC is to serve and act on behalf of the needs and rights of young children with primary focus on the provision of educational services and resources to adults who work with and for children from birth through age eight.
Kern Association for the Education of Young Children (Kern AEYC)
Membership with the Kern AEYC includes a linked membership to NAEYC and CAEYC.Local membership benefits include:
- Free admittance to local Kern AEYC workshops
- Eligibility for scholarships for continuing education in the field of early childhood education
- Young Children magazine subscription (six issues per year) filled with current, useful information and ideas
- Local and state electronic newsletters and e-mails to keep you up-to-date on information and events
- Networking with others in the field of early childhood education
- Reduced registration fees for State and National AEYC conferences
Student - $50 per year (must be enrolled in 6 units)
Regular - $75 per year
Comprehensive - $150 per year (Comprehensive membership includes approximately 5 of NAEYC’s latest publications in addition to the benefits of Regular membership)
Join on-line at www.naeyc.org