CalSTRS: California State Teachers Retirement System
- CalSTRS Workshop Descriptions
- CalSTRS Workshop Dates
- Ten good reasons to see a counselor
- Ten most frequently asked questions
- The Interview Process
CalSTRS recommends that members meet with a regional counselor on at least three occasions.
- A mid-career appointment should be scheduled once a member reaches five years of service credit.
- The second appointment is recommended at or near the age of 55 or at the time the member reaches 30 years of service credit, for possible pre-election of an option.
- At least three months prior to the actual retirement date, the member is advised to schedule the final appointment.
CalSTRS school-site workshops or individual counseling may be scheduled by school site or district office administrators by calling Sandy Boston or Owen Burgess at (661) 636-4880.
To make a local face-to-face appointment with a CalSTRS counselor, please call (661) 636-4880
CalSTRS Customer Service: 1 (800) 228-5453
CalSTRS Teletalk: 1 (800) 222-8844
For the hearing impaired CalSTRS TDD: (916) 229-3541
For additional information or to download forms, please visit the CalSTRS website.
Print This Page Email This Page