Child Care Food Program Enrollment
You are reimbursed for meals and snacks served to children ages 12 years and younger. The food must meet USDA guidelines for good nutrition. The amount (rate) you receive for each meal or snack, may change annually and your Community Connection for Child Care Food Representative will tell you the current rate.
The great thing is that you receive a check for each month that you send us an approved set of menus - meeting USDA guidelines. Your check amount will vary, based on the number of meals and children served.
The first month is a learning experience, and may require extra time for planning and record keeping. Once you are familiar with forms, a few minutes each day is all that is needed!
It's a Great Program because:
- You receive money to help you purchase food for children in your care
- You will learn more about good nutrition
- You will get new "kid friendly" recipe ideas
- You will be able to serve nutritious meals and snacks in spite of food costs
- You will receive a CCCC newsletter
- You will have the chance to meet and share ideas with other Family Child Care providers
- The children get delicious, nutritious meals and snacks
- The children will develop good eating habits
- The children will have the chance to try and enjoy new food
- The children will develop strong bodies, good teeth and alert minds
How do I participate?
- You must be a licensed Family Child Care provider
- You need to be caring for at least one day care child (either full or part time)
- Once a month, you will send us the names of the children in your care, and menus of the meals served to them
- You will also need to have our staff visit with you a minimum of three times per year and need to attend one nutrition workshop per year where you will meet new friends and learn new "kid friendly" recipes
How do I join?
It is easy to join! Call your nearest Community Connection for Child Care office and ask about the Child Care Food Program. An appointment will be set up in your home. Ask all the questions you want!
We look forward to hearing from you!
Community Connection for Child Care
2000 24th Street, Suite 100
Bakersfield, CA 93301