Adapted Physical EducationAdapted Physical Education Teachers conduct diversified programs of developmental activities, games, sports and rhythms suited to the needs, interests, capacities, and limitations of students with disabilities who may not safely or successfully engage in unrestricted participation in the vigorous activities of the general physical education program or a modified program in a regular class. For all practical purposes, Adapted Physical Education is developmentally appropriate physical education. It is adapting, modifying, and/or changing a physical activity so it is as appropriate for the person with a disability as it is for a person without a disability.
- 'I Know I Can Do It': Sports Are For Disabled Children, Too
- Table of Popular Sports versus Alternative Sports for the Disabled
- Model Sports and Recreation Policy for Accommodating Children with Disabilities
- Adaptations for Physical Activities
- Teaching, Responding, & Communicating Inclusive Physical Education