Welcome Districts!Welcome to the 2009/2010 school year! There are many new and exciting things taking place in our SELPA this year such as the implementation of an electronic IEP and special education software designed to improve the process, reducing time spent with necessary paperwork. There are new models for identifying the services and supports a student with special education needs.
We continue to have high expectations for our students and ourselves. Due to the constant need to expand skills and abilities, the staff-development activities will demonstrate a rich variety of methods, strategies and tools to provide the most effective programs possible.SELPA DISTRICT RESOURCES
Districts and administrators should consider the SELPA office a resource to acquire knowledge and gain skills necessary to improve outcomes for children with special needs. We are eager to accommodate your district's needs and look forward to continuing our working relationship. Please let us know how we can serve you.
- English Procedural Safeguards Rev 04/13
- Spanish Procedural Safeguards Rev 04/13
- Information Regarding Students with Disabilities
- Preventing Bullying: A Manual for Schools and Communities
- Resources to Support English Language Learners with Disabilities
- Procedure Manual 2011
WEBSITES OF INTEREST
- Alternate Language Proficiency Instrument (ALPI)
- National Research Center on Learning Disabilties
- National Consortium on Universal Design for Learning
- Tool Kit on Teaching and Assessing Students with Disabilities
- California Deparment of Education: Response to Instruction & Intervention
- Centers for Disease Control site for Autism Spectrum Disorders
- WestEd Least Restrictive Environment Resources Project
- San Diego Unified School District Articulation Manual
- Speech Improvement Class Model Resources
- What Works Clearinghouse
- PBIS Website
- Speaking of Speech
- Behavior Doctor Seminars
NEED MORE INFORMATION?